Now that my figurehead is finally done it is important to maintain momentum. I immediately started the next project. (I know, hearty worse!) Now I want to draw three-dimensional portraits with carbon fiber. They will not hang on the wall but on stands as busts. I have made a sample with carbon fiber and it works really great, (except that it sticks in your fingers after a while). The thing that is so grateful with carbon fiber is that the threads are not twisted as the linenthread I have previously used. This allows me to split the threads into several so that 4 becomes 8 threads, 8 threads will be 16 and so on … Here you can see pictures of the sample and from the cast. (WARNING! Not pretty!)
Here I started with 4 pairs of threads at the top (ie 8 threads). These I then divided twice, so in the end I had 32 threads. This creates the new possibilities. I can work more with the thickness of the lines and I can also “magically” increase and delete threads when needed. I then starched the carbon fiber with epoxy resin. Became rock hard!
When the plaster mold was finished, I smeared a layer of construction silicone on the inside. Once it dried, I sprayed the sealing foam. As soon as the sealing foam in turn had solidified, I could pull off the plaster and start to make lace.